South Uist

South Uist

Sunday 4 November 2012

What's happening by the sea and more

Just a quick update of the exhibition at the Gallery Heinzel in Aberdeen's West End. I was asked by the gallery to contribute work to this exhibition with two of the most respected and established landscape painters in Scotland, Helen Glassford and Ruth Brownlee. At the opening I managed to take a few shots of my work in the gallery.
The first image is of my original format of work, the works quite small 9 x 9 inches framed in limed wood and double mounted. I was originally drawn to this format and the inherent discipline of work on a relatively small format.
This is an example of my larger scale work, it was a bit of a challenge to work on the larger scale, but I think I have settled down into a technique I am very happy with. This work ( actual painting size 27 x 24 inches ) A bitter chocolate frame with a pink/cream slip and double mounted. Lots of positive comment on the larger works and the framing .. Thanks Framing Workshop , Maryhill Road, Glasgow !!!
Elsewhere I have been happy to be associated with the Erskine Hospital for Veterans and the first "Art for Erskine Event" held in the Trades Hall in Glasgow's Merchant City.http://www.thestudiofineart.com/docs/erskine.pdf The event was organised by the Studio Fine Art Company.
Here are two of the works for this charity exhibition, Bass Rock and one of two wave themed works produced specifically for the event. Check out my work at a number of Christmas exhibitions and a possible event at the Tall Ships in Glasgow. Many thanks all, all comments welcome as always! Ian Glasgow Nov 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment